Knowing what kind of mascara to use is a constant struggle for modern babes - there are SO many to choose from. But one of the most underrated elements on whether you will love or hate a mascara comes down to the mascara wand!
So, we’re sharing some industry knowledge so you have everything you need to know about mascara wands. To start, there are two ways to approach mascara wands - by purpose or eyelash type. Let’s dive into both!
Most Common Mascara Brushes
- Thin mascara brush
- Get close to your lash line
- Cone-shaped, jumbo-sized, or hourglass-shaped
- Holds lots of product and adds mega-volume to the lash base
- As seen on Volumizing Mascara
- Curved shape
- Precise coverage of the product from root to tip
- Curve aids in curling and lifting for a lengthened effect
- As seen on Enriching Mascara
Are your lashes curvy or straight? Thick or sparse? Long or short? Using a mascara wand suited to your eyelash type could make the difference between loving it or not!
Curly, Dense Lashes
- Use a large mascara brush
- The large bristles apply more mascara to your thick lash line
- Try a cone-shaped or curved brush for optimal application
Short, Fine Lashes
- Use a thin, fine-toothed mascara brush to get close to your lash line
- A curved applicator can add curl and flare for a cat-eye effect
- Want to enhance your lashes even more? Try using a Lash Serum!
- Use a cone-shaped wand
- Adds extra volume to the base of the lash line
- For some extra lash line love, try a Lash Conditioner
Remember - it’s not just the brush, and it’s not just the formulation; it’s finding the perfect combo that’s just right for you that can make or break a mascara! Do you have a fav wand type or shape that isn’t listed here? Drop it down below!
If you have any feedback or questions please contact us directly at email@example.com